There is tons of art and culture to explore in London. The London Arts Council and the London Heritage Council host Londonculture.ca, which is the hub for cultural events happening in the city.
Doors Open London and London Culture Days invites you to explore over 100 local arts, heritage and multicultural activities and events throughout the city.
Summer is festival season, with something for everyone. Check out Sunfest, Pride London, Home County Music and Art Festival, Rib Fest, Forest City Beer Fest, Western Fair, and Fringe! Or visit Tourism London’s Festivals and Multicultural Events page.
London is home to spectacular live music and theatre venues including Budweiser Gardens, Grand Theatre, London Music Hall, The Palace Theatre and Aeolian Hall.
Museum London is always alive with visual art, events, and exhibitions. You don’t want to miss their annual Halloween Party, or screenings of Canadian independent films.
The London Public Library offers film series, lectures, concerts, workshops and art exhibits and more can be found at London Public Library locations throughout London
Spend a day touring art galleries in London. If you need a good laugh, head to Yuk Yuk’s for some standup comedy.
Check out LondonFuse for creative and cultural events throughout the city.
Or you could catch a flick at one of London’s movie theatres:
- SilverCity London
- Cineplex Odeon Westmount and VIP Cinemas
- Mustang Drive-In
- Hyland Cinema
- Western Film
- Rainbow Cinemas
- Landmark Cinemas
Hungry but not sure where to eat? These sites will help you find the perfect spot.
- LondonLicious – Try a new restaurant by taking advantage of fixed price, three-course menus offered by London’s top dining establishments
- Zomato – Ranks London restaurants
- Just Eat – Allows you to order take-out and delivery online based on the type of food you want to eat
- TripAdvisor – Posts reviews of London restaurants, filtered by cuisine, price, and neighbourhood
- Wing Deals – Lets you know which restaurants have special chicken wing deals on each day
Check out a game featuring London’s favourite sports teams:
- London Knights – London’s Ontario Hockey League team
- London Lightning – London’s professional basketball team
- London Majors – London’s baseball team
- Fanshawe College Varsity
- Western University Varsity
If you want to join a recreational sports league, Forest City Sports and Social Club offers tournaments, outdoor adventures and social events.
There is no shortage of pubs, bars, and clubs in London. Plot out your night of fun using this easy to use map of bars in London.
Both student unions host numerous day trips throughout the year to places like Canada’s Wonderland and Niagara Falls. Tickets may be purchased at the Biz Booth at Fanshawe and Western Connections at lower level of UCC.
Other cool day trip options are:
- Stratford Festival
- Pinery Provincial Park
- Village of Bayfield
- Port Stanley
- Long Point
- Rondeau Provincial Park
- Hamilton Waterfalls
- Arkona Rock Glen
- Batl Axe Throwing
- Archery Tag
London has two large shopping malls – Masonville Place and White Oaks Mall. There are also some smaller malls, such as Argyle Mall, Westmount Shopping Centre, and the Northland Mall.
Downtown London has over 200 merchants offering retail, dining, health and beauty services, and entertainment. Old East Village and Wortley Village also have local shops and dining.